I made these for my nearly 10month old daughter as she can eat them as finger food and they don’t have too much sugar.
Low-Sugar Carrot Cake
- 3 Eggs
- 50g Soft light brown sugar
- 1 small avocardo (Scoop out the inside of a very ripe)
- 50g Butter melted
- 50mls Orange (Juice)
- 200g Plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 200g Finely Grated Carrots
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, melted butter, avocado and orange juice.
- Mix in flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder & Spices followed by the grated carrots.
- Pour into an oiled muffin tray (12 part) or an oiled and greaseproof lined 450g/1lb loaf tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 40-45
- Cool the cake in the tin for 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Temperature & cooking time:
40/45 mins at 160°C/Fan140°C Gas mark 2